Congratulations to our Affiliated Clubs that are now 100% Compliant with Tennis Irelandís Mandatory Requirements in Child Protection
See if your club is 100% complaint
Click here to see if your club is 100% compliant
In October 2010, Tennis Ireland issued a list of basic mandatory requirements in Child Protection for our affiliated clubs. The Deadline was set for end of March 2011. Our Club’s Children’s Officers and Executive Committees worked tirelessly to ensure these were put in place.
There are 6 basic requirements:
1. All Clubs must appoint 2 gender specific children’s officers – one male and one female officer.
2. One of the Children’s Officers must act as the Designated Person for the Club.
3. One of the Children’s Officers / Designated Person must sit on the Club’s Executive Committee to report on Child Protection issues.
4. The club’s Children’s Officers must complete the Basic Awareness Child Protection Course.
5. All Club Coaches should also complete the Basic Awareness Child Protection Course.
6. Child Protection must be an item on the Club’s Executive Committee Monthly Agendas.
In each of the 3 provinces listed, Connacht, Munster and Leinster you can see those that are 100% compliant with these requirements. Some of our clubs are still in the process of putting in place these basic requirements, and we urge them to contact us as soon as this is complete so we can add to our list. Please see our contact list at the bottom of this page.
Now that this first stage is complete, Tennis Ireland will be introducing in the near future, our Stage Two. This will be the next step in continuing to build strong protection and secure environments for children in our sport and specific details will follow soon. We look forward to leading the way in this crucial area in sport.
CONNACHT - 100% Compliancy
Ballina Tennis Club
LEINSTER - 100% Compliancy
Monkstown Tennis Club
MUNSTER - 100% Compliancy
Douglas Tennis Club
Kilfeacle Tennis Club
Killaloe Ballina Tennis Club
Tralee Tennis Club
Useful contacts and Resources for Children’s Officers
1. Local Sports Partnerships
Please visit - http://www.tennisireland.ie/clubs/child_protection/local_sports_partnerships
2. Tennis Ireland’s Child Protection Fact Sheets
Please visit - http://www.tennisireland.ie/clubs/child_protection
3. Roger Geraghty’s video presentation to guide you, step by step, in adopting these fact sheets as policy within your tennis club:
4. Tennis Ireland’s National Children’s Officer: Mr Roger Geraghty
Tel: 01 8844010 – Mob: 086 2316478 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Tennis Ireland’s Child Protection Administrator: Tara Congdon
Tel: 01 8844010 – Email: email@example.com
6. Leinster Branch Children’s Officer: Mr Rory Wilson
Tel: 0404 438 49 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Munster Branch Children’s Officer: Ms Eileen Mawe
Tel: (021) 4545365 – Email: email@example.com
8. Connacht Branch Children’s Officer: Ms Mary Loftus
Tel: 094 9271578 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Online Survey
Tennis Ireland have developed an online survey to measure our affiliated clubs compliance with the The Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children in Sport.
If your club has not completed and submitted this important survey, we would like to invite you now to email email@example.com or telephone 01 8844010 to receive the access details to the survey on the secured area of our website.
We will be in touch soon after your submission to provide you with a report of your club’s compliancy with the Code and our advice and support on how to improve should this be the case.