Calling all PTR coaches!
PTR Pathway Course
The Pathway Route was developed initially as a means of Licensing Coaches who are trained outside of the Tennis Ireland Coaches Education Programme to work as a Coach in the island of Ireland with the same rights as a Tennis Ireland Level 1 Coach
In addition, the course serves as an excellent refresher course for coaches who wish to familiarise themselves with the most up to date information at Level 1 of the Tennis Ireland Coaches Education Programme.
Participants will take the on line theory presentations and the relevant on line tests for the videos involving a series of multiple choice questions.
The participants will attend and participate in 48 of the 100 contact hours with the appointed Tutor. Tutors will advise the participants which days to attend prior to the course commencement date.
At the end of the course participants will
take a final online test involving a selection of questions from all the tests, some questions on the ITF Rules of tennis and questions relating to the Child Protection Awareness Workshop. Again participants need a minimum score of 90% to pass the final test.
The participants will take all the 4 Practical assessments at the appropriate time during the programme.
The Assessment Procedure
1. A group of no more than four 6- 8 year olds in the Mini Court - Red Court - 30 minutes
2. A group of no more than six teenagers or adults in the Green Court - 30 minutes
3. An individual lesson with an U9 quality player - 30 minutes
4. A Demonstration and feeding test (The Tutor decides what participants take this test)
5. On line written test on the course materials and manuals
1. A series of on line mini quizzes related to the on line presentations
Tennis Ireland has appointed a number of providers in the country to assist the Trainee Coaches with the logged hours required to complete the Level 1 Coach Education Programme
Participants need to sign up with any one of the Internship Providers listed in the letter of acceptance onto the course in order to complete the 15 Logged hours
Break down of the Internship Period
• 5 hours experience in the Play & Stay Red Court (Mini Tennis) Programme
• 5 hours experience in the Play & Stay Green Programme
• 5 hours experience with an U9 Orange Court (Midi Tennis) quality club player (one of the best u9 players in the club either in an individual or group situation).
A Logbook will be provided to the trainee coaches with relevant information for each 5 hour segment, and a provision for the Internship Provider to sign on successful
completion (with an additional section for comments).
Child Protection Training
All participants must produce evidence that they have taken Child Protection Awareness Training.
The cost for the course including the on line Modules, the 48 hours with the course Tutor and the assessment procedure is €790
The cost of any repeat assessment is €75
NB - All on line quizzes are free and can be taken as many times as it takes to achieve 90% in each quiz.
If a participant fails any of the Assessment procedures and feel they need more time with a Mentor to provide additional training before they apply for a re-sit, we have a list of Mentors in the various Regions who can be contacted to assist with the development of the necessary skills. Payment for this process is between the Mentor and the Participant.
Logging into the on line part of the course
When an application is successful, login details and a password will be provided to the participant.
Roger Geraghty - Director of Development